Catching up from the goings on before my disappearing act reminded me of this!
Mommy Someday (Jennifer) at Waiting for Baby was nice enough to nominate me!
This award is granted to up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.
The instructions are:
1) to answers the 11 questions written by your nominator.
2) to nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
3) to write 11 of your own questions for each nominee to answer.
Here are my questions to answer:
1. Which family member are you closest to? Tell us about your relationship with that person.
My grandma – I live about 4-5 min away if driving and about 20 mins walking. She is amazing. Sweet, loving, independent and strong. I’m probably closer to her than my own mom!
2. Why did you start blogging?
Izzy told me how supportive, understanding and INTELLIGENT her blogging community is and strongly urged me to start. Thank god I listened to her.
3. How did you pick your blog name?
Ummm…I like the whole “stork” thing and I am a mom to 3 dogs. 🙂
4. What was your first car?
To drive? Toyota corolla
I bought on my own? Toyota corolla 🙂
5. If infertility was not an issue, how many children would you like to have?
FOUR!! And here’s my logic. My sister and I are SO different and have a really difficult relationship. With 4 kids, ALL of my children should find at least one sibling they can connect and get along with! 🙂
6. Who was your favorite elementary school teacher?
Mr. Kilty. Funny yet no-nonsense. He made me want to learn and do my best.
7. What did you enjoy most about high school or college?
I loved my major and having my eyes opened. I went to school late and graduated in 2010 so I didn’t have the “normal” college experience, unfortunately. I’m really not a nerd. 😉
8. What is in your purse right now?
TOO MUCH stuff! Wallet, Breaking Dawn Pt. II ticket stub, makeup, pantyliners, zantac (to prevent the redness when I drink alcohol), a shitload of gift cards (I pulled them out of my wallet and left them sitting in my purse), 3 different types of dessert gums lol, change, pens, 3 check stubs (I get paid monthly), a couple of expired coupons and more crap.
9. What was the last pair of shoes you purchased?
brown riding boots 🙂
10. If cost was not an issue, where would you go on vacation?
a Mediterranian (sp?) cruise
11. Did you vote in the last election? Will you be voting next week?
I did and I did. ALWAYS exercise your right to vote people!!!!
And here are the bloggers I’m nominating:
Our Journey Through the Baby Labyrinth
Displaced Housewife @ myinnervoiceislaughingatme
Cassie @ waitingtoexpand
Sunny @ ceaseanddecyst
KT @ nonsequiturchica
Arwen @ mrkhmusings
Jenn @ futurefords
Jenny @ stupidstork
Theresa @ journeytothefinishline
Steph @ survivingbabydreams
Trisha @ theelusivesecondline
As a distractions from all things infertility/babymaking/pregnancy, here are your questions:
- If you were a comic strip character, who would you be and why?
- What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
- If you had to give up a favorite food, which would be the most difficult to give up?
- What is one food you’d never want to taste again?
- If you won a lottery ticket and had a million dollars, what would you do with it? And don’t say IVF/surrogacy/adoption. 😉
- You’ve been given access to a time machine. Where and when would you travel to?
- If you could be any superhero and have super powers, which one would you like to have and why?
- Mount Rushmore honors four U.S. presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt. If yuo could add any person to Mount Rushmore, who would you add and why?
- What award would you love to win and for what achievement?
- If you could transport yourself anywhere instantly, where would you go and why?
- In your opinion, which animal is the best (or most beautiful) and why?
- What is one item that you really should throw away, but probably never will?